Sunday, October 14, 2007

Epilogue

Lucy

I woke still in Richie’s arms snuggling up closer to him, I realized the sun was coming through pretty bright through the curtains. I lifted my head to look at the clock. It said 9:30 “Oh Shit!” and I started to jump out of bed.

“Darlin’? where’s the fire?”

“It’s 9:30 baby…check out is in an hour an a half I still have to shower and pack…”

Sitting up Richie took my wrist and pulled me back into bed. “Relax Lucia darlin’…check out isn’t for another 24 hours.”

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t honestly think I would let you leave only hours after we were finally able to get some time alone together did you darlin?”

“But…I…um…I only made the reservation for one night and I have to work tomorrow.”

“Well when I paid for the rooms, I had them extend your reservation a night. Come on Lucia…surely you could miss one day couldn’t you? Besides don’t you only work half a day on Saturdays?”

“Paid for the rooms?”

“I paid for Queenie and Goddess’s rooms too, least I could do they both traveled a long way to come here.”

Pulling me closer to him he brushed my hair off my shoulder. “So call in sick…stay here with me.” He said softly to me.

How could I resist him. I didn’t want to go home. I loved being here with him. “Well you’re not gonna have to twist my arm” I said snuggling back into his arms. “You’ve been way to good to us Richie baby.”

“You’re all worth it Lucia darlin’. It was great meeting Queenie and GSA. But the best part was finally getting some intimate time with you.”

Smiling I looked away. Damn he knew how to charm a girl!

“Theres something else I wanna talk to you about darlin’”

“What’s that Richie baby?”

“Jon told me about your concerns.”

For an instant I wanted to strangle Jon, but then quickly I realized he had done the same thing for me, as I had done for Sam.

“You should know you have nothing to worry about Lucia, I thought it was obvious how much you mean to me.”

“Well…I’ve been wrong in the past, and I’ve just learned that feelings aren’t something you assume.”

“Darlin’…if you didn’t mean something to me…would I have jumped on the next flight to Chicago when Sam called me to tell me about your grandmother dying and that you needed me? I’ve done the groupie thing darlin’…I’ve been the playboy…that’s not what I’m looking for, you’re what I’m looking for.”

It was all I could do to not burst into tears right then. His words to me were so loving, his hold on me so tender.

God I wish this weekend would never end. Not only did I finally get the man of my dreams, but I met three awesome ladies that I knew I would be close friends with for life. I couldn’t wait to talk to Queenie and Goddess. Laughing to myself, I could just hear Queenie say “You lucky beyotch!” when I told them I was staying an extra day. The more I thought about it the more excited I got. Not only did it give me more time with Richie, but it gave me more time with Sam.

We hadn’t really talked a whole lot the night before, we all had our own agendas. Had I known at the time Richie had arranged for me to stay an extra day, I may not have been in such a hurry to get him alone…oh who am I kidding, even if I had known I still would have been in a hurry to get him alone, Can you blame me? I didn’t think so.

Richie and I had lunch with Jon and Sam. Richie showed me around New York a bit before we headed back to the hotel. I tried to call both Goddess and Queenie but neither answered their phones. No matter though, we would catch up with each other soon, maybe even have to do a four way phone conference call to go over all the “deets” of the weekend.

Richie and I had a romantic dinner alone in our room, then spent the rest of the evening in bed “celebrating.” The next morning came to soon. Richie kept saying it still wasn’t to late to keep the room, and as much as I wanted to stay, I had to get home. My brother and sister-in-law had been taking care of my prissy little dog Gypsy, but they were going out of town themselves.

So as hard as it was, I packed up my suitcase. Richie laughed at me as I wrapped and packed the roses he had sent me into my suitcase, saying I didn’t have to take them with, that he could get me more roses. But there was no way in hell I was going to not keep these flowers. Sure I knew they would be smashed and probably have to throw out most of them when I got home…but you can bet at least a few of them would be going in my scrapbook of all my favorite things.

Richie rode with me to the airport and walked me to security. Turning to face him, I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. He just smiled at me and kissed me

“Don’t be sad darlin’ we’re gonna see each other soon.” he whispered then kissed me again.

I smiled back at him and barely squeeked out an “I know”.

Once the plane had taken off, I decided to do a little writing of my experience this weekend. When I opened up my lap top bag, there was a small envelope with my name on the front. Inside was a card from Richie.


Lucia Darlin’ ,

I can’t even begin to tell you how much this weekend has meant to me. Never in my life would I have thought I’d be happy that the Giants lost. I not only met two wonderful women who I am proud to call my friends, but I found the perfect woman who I am proud to call mine. I see a long happy future for us Lucia. Call me when you get home so I know you’re safe. I miss you Lucia darlin’.

R

Damn he knew all the right things to say…and he was all mine.

Hathor

When my wake-up call came at 10:30, David and I were in the shower. His hair is glorious wet, by the way. It hangs almost halfway down his back and is VERY sexy. We had ordered room service earlier and had a nice breakfast together. The minutes were ticking away, however, and pretty soon it would be time for me to go. David should have gone home long ago. It’s a good thing the guys are off tonight; he’d have been dog tired at the show.

David found my last tattoo several hours ago, and thought it was funny. We spent a good deal of the night in bed, and didn’t waste a minute sleeping. We made love to each other, but we talked, too, and found that we actually have a lot in common besides just being smart-asses and hellions in bed (ha ha). I couldn’t help but wonder what he’s going to tell his friends. Hell, what was I going to tell my friends? That was one thing we didn’t talk about.

Wrapped in hotel robes, we sat across from each other at the little table in the room, sipping coffee; neither of us saying a word until David cleared his throat. “So, now what?” he asked softly. I knew what he meant, but I didn’t know what he wanted to hear. I couldn’t do anything except tell the truth.

“Now, I guess I go back to my life in Boston, and I imagine you get back to your life,” I whispered, looking away. God, I didn’t want to tear up, but it had just been such a wonderful, beautiful night, and I was just so damned tired, I couldn’t keep my emotions in check. This is why I hide behind my smart ass persona. I don’t like it that I have so little control over my emotions otherwise.

David reached out to take my hand and gently tugged, getting me to stand up. He wrapped me in a hug and sighed. I sighed too. He smelled like hotel soap, but there was his scent underneath, and I wanted to remember that smell forever. I gripped the lapels of the robe, and wouldn’t let go. I let out a shaky breath that I hoped would go unnoticed, but, of course it didn’t.

“Oh, Hath,” he said, “don’t be sad, baby.” He hugged me tight then reached out to take my blackberry from the table. David programmed something into it while he held me in his arms. Then he called his cell from my phone so he’d have my number. “I gave you my number. You feel free to use that anytime, sweetheart,” he said, sliding the device back onto the table. “I mean that.” He pulled back to look at me. “Hath, I would like to see where this can go.”

“Really?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “You mean that this isn’t just some,” I struggled to find the right words and had to settle for, “little fling?”

David shook his head. “It can be, if that’s what you want it to be, but it’s not often I meet someone who can give just as good as she gets, verbally, physically, and sexually.” He was stroking my back, and I couldn’t remember a time when I felt more content. He continued, “I love talking to you, sparring with you, and fucking with you, and I don’t want to give that up.” He kissed me sweetly. “We’ll work it out,” he said seriously, kissing me again.

I leaned back in his arms to look into his eyes. “You’re not just saying that because you think it’s what I want to hear?” What the hell did I say that for?

He just shook his head. “Nope. I’ve been done with telling girls what they want to hear for some time now. It doesn’t do anybody any good to lie.” Well, he has a point there. I nodded and untied his robe, pressing into his skin. He untied my robe too, and we found ourselves back in bed.

When David and I had finally emerged from my room at noon, hand-in-hand (and freshly re-showered), we ran into Stephanie in the hall. She was with a tall, gorgeous guy that had to be WKG. Yum. Way to go Stephanie! We looked at each other, and she gave me a knowing look, and I turned a zillion shades of red. Oh God, I hope she didn’t hear me last night. She flicked her gaze to David, smiled at me and gave me a hug, and whispered, “deets, Goddess” in my ear, which made me laugh.

“Have you seen Lucy this morning?” I asked her.

“Nope,” Steph replied. “Guess we’ll have to catch up with her later. What time’s your train?”

“12:30,” I said, glancing at David then back to Stephanie. “But, Steph, there’s another at 3 I could take if you wanna grab lunch or something.” David squeezed my hand.

“Jesus, I’d love to, Hath, but we have a six-hour drive ahead of us. I definitely want to debrief you, though,” she said, making David choke back a laugh. “You can bet I'll call you later,” she said.

We made our way down to the front desk, and I went to settle up. When I asked for my bill, the clerk tapped a few keys on the computer and told me it was all taken care of. I turned to David, who said “Don’t look at me, babe.” I asked the clerk if there was a message or something for me, and she checked, and sure enough, there was yet another note with my name written in that now unmistakable scrawl across the front.


Hello Hathor!

You came all this way to see me, the least I could do was put you up. We hope you had a helluva time; it was great to meet you. I may just have to start betting more often! Have a safe trip back up to beantown; I’m sure we’ll see you there next summer.

R

PS: D, man, way to go.

Blushing, I showed the note to David, and he chuckled. “How’d he know you’d be here?” I asked him.

He just laughed at me. “Hath, he’s known me most of my life. He knows when I’m interested in someone, and damn if we weren’t shooting sparks at each other last night...” he trailed off. “Suffice it to say, he could tell.” I smiled and looped an arm around his waist, and we left the hotel.

David and I had lunch together (I opted for the later train anyway), and he waited with me at the station although I told him he didn’t have to. We just sat there, holding hands and chatting about inconsequential things. I waited until the final boarding call and looked at him. “I guess that’s my cue,” I said on a sigh, and gathered my things and went out to the platform.

With a tender kiss, David handed me up into the train. When I got settled in my seat, I looked out the window at David, who was watching for me. When the train gave a lurch and started to move, he kissed his fingers and waved to me. I returned the gesture, a sad smile on my face. I watched until I couldn’t see him anymore, then yawned and stretched. I was exhausted. Luckily, Boston is the end of the line, and I could just settle in and sleep until we got there. I sensed someone sitting next to me, and turned to my neighbor. Funny coincidence, it was Marcus, the guy I pissed off on the way down. He looked like he was going to bolt, and I laughed.

“Don’t worry, Marcus; I’m just going to sleep. I won’t bother you,” I said. That’s just what I did, too; I was just so bone tired.

When I got home, I dumped my bags on the floor in the entryway and grabbed my blackberry. I was dying to hear about Lucy’s night, and needed a distraction. Scrolling through the numbers, I saw that David had programmed his number in under “Joker” which made me laugh. He’d put in his e-mail address, too. Call me old-fashioned or even a little insecure, but I wanted him to make the first move. I still wasn’t convinced that this wasn’t all just a wonderfully tawdry, exquisitely dirty one-time episode. I also wasn’t sure how I felt about it either way. I was, however, sufficiently distracted now.

I sat for a while, with a dopey smile on my face, reliving the last thirty-six hours. I found it hard to believe that the concert I’d been looking forward to for more than six months had come and gone. I found it even harder to believe what had happened with me and David. What wasn’t hard to believe was the instant camaraderie I had with the other girls. We just got along as if we’d known each other forever instead of just a few months. I was surprised at the way the guys, yeah those guys, were really just normal guys. I mean, stars always say “I’m just like everyone else” but these guys meant it. They were the nicest group of guys you could hope to meet.

So, back to David. Anyone who knows me knows that I’ve always been a Richie Girl; always lusted for the wingman. All I can say is that this thing with David is the difference between having a crush on someone you don’t know, and having chemistry with someone you do. Am I saying that all of a sudden Richie looks like a brother to me? Nope. I’m just saying that the chemistry just wasn’t there (amazing kiss notwithstanding), and it was instant with David.

This connection with David came out of left field, and I can honestly say, I didn’t see it coming. I sighed and started pacing around the room and having a chat with the little bitch that lives in my head. That’s what I do when I need to think, and she never pulls any punches. I tried to answer her accusations objectively. We met when I was high on endorphins and not a little bit of frustrated sexual energy. But we did click immediately. We did a fair bit of sparring and it got pretty flirtatious, on the border of foreplay actually. But it wasn’t one-sided, and I didn’t start it. I did sleep with him the first night I met him. OK, that isn’t like me at all, and I’m not sure that I’m exactly proud of that, but I didn’t leave the party with him. He’s the one that sought me out, and I think we both needed some sort of release after what happened at the party. Honestly, if he hadn’t pursued it, I wouldn’t have thought twice about it. But he did, and I don’t really know what to do about that.

Even if this doesn’t go anywhere, I honestly had the absolute best time of my entire life. If he really wants to see where this will go, or if it will even go, that’s fine. If he doesn’t, that’s fine too. We’ve really just met, and it’s not like it was love at first sight or anything. If it turns out that we’re better suited to be friends than lovers, well, that’s more than I had even dared to hope for. If it turns out we’re suited to be lovers, well, that’s real good too.

Satisfied that I won the argument with the little bitch, I made a decision and headed down to Rhode Island, to the shop where I’ve gotten most of my other ink done. I just now decided to make an adjustment to the fourth tat, and they were open late on Fridays.

In case you’re curious, the fourth tat is a small-of-the-back heart-and-dagger tat – what my brother lovingly calls a “tramp stamp”. Nice, huh? Now, before you judge me, let me tell you that I got stamped when I was 18. At the time, the late 80’s if you must know, it was quite daring for a girl to get inked, not to mention inked in the small of her back. The tat due for a touch-up, so the timing of my inspiration was perfect. The guy there didn’t ask any questions, which is what I like about that place. The just do your ink, and unless there’s a problem, you don’t hear his voice again until he says, “all set.” My cell buzzed while I was on the chair, and I didn’t answer it; I wasn’t ready to talk about my experience yet, and I knew it had to be Queenie or Lucy.

When I got home, I admired the work in the mirror. In a delicate script, across the banner, I now sported the phrase “Joker’s Wild”. Whether this thing with David is forever or just for now, it’s momentous enough to commemorate. I sighed and reached for the Blackberry, which had its little red “you’ve got voicemail” light blinking to beat the band. I couldn’t put the sistas off anymore.

I checked the screen, and let out a little scream. He called.


Stephanie

Leaving my room the next day, WKG slung his arm around my shoulder and we nearly walked right into Hathor and David. They had just come out of her room, together. She turned about seven shades of red when she saw us. I caught Hathor’s eye and she winked at me and mouthed “WKG?” I nodded. I introduced them and as we hugged I whispered "I didn't hear a thing, but I want deets girlfriend". She laughed and we promised to call each other later for all the horny details.

Neither of us had seen Luce so we would have to bug her later about her night. Hathor asked if we wanted to have lunch with her and David before we left. Honestly, though, I think she wanted a reason to take a later train. As much as I would have enjoyed that, I had to say no. We had a six hour drive ahead of us and I just wanted to get on the road.

When we got to the hotel desk to check out, I was informed, after a few keystrokes, that everything was taken care of and I didn’t owe anything. I looked over at Hathor; she was talking with the other clerk and had apparently gotten the same response. I asked the clerk if there was a note or something and she handed me a folded piece of paper with my name on the front in now very familiar handwriting.

Hey there Queenie,

You traveled long and far to see me, what kind of Harem Master would I be if I didn’t take care of this for you? Hope you had a good time, we most certainly did. It was nice to meet you. Drive safely and no speeding on your way back to New York! Maybe we will see you next summer.

R

I couldn’t help but smile and shake my head. WKG looked at me, “what is it?” “Just one more surprise from Richie.” I thanked the girl and turned to say something to Hathor but she and David were talking. She seemed to be quite happy with him, even though she has always said she is a Richie girl. I guess you just never know.

WKG grabbed my bags and we headed for the door. I was trying to remember where my car was when Hathor came up behind me, “David and I are going to lunch. You have a safe drive home.” I assured her we would. We hugged “I’ll call you later” I told her before I headed to my car. I watched as they walked away. I hope things work out for them.

WKG loaded my bag into the trunk and set the vase of roses on the floor in the back seat, I’m going to dry them when I get home. Just one more reminder of a night I will never forget. I watched as WKG got into his car. I still can’t believe he came all that way just for me. How did I get so lucky?

As the miles slipped by and I got closer to home I wondered what happened with Luce and Richie. Not that you pervs, I meant if they are going to continue to see each other, if there might be a relationship there for them. Luce seemed so happy last night. I really hope it works out for them.


My thoughts drifted to Hathor and David. I hope she got on that train and made it home all right. Maybe they started something last night that will turn into something else. Who knows? I guess I will just have to wait and see when I talk to the girls later.

When I finally turned into my driveway I shut the car off and sat there for a long moment, looking at my house. It seems as though I was just getting in my car to leave and now here I am back home again already. I thought about everything that had happened in the last few weeks. The women I met by chance on a football forum of all places are now friends that I know I will have forever. I met four of the greatest guys and its no wonder New Jersey proudly claims them as their own. Just goes to show, you never know who you are going to meet and where you are going to meet them. You just need to keep an open mind and take a risk once in a while. I glanced at the man standing by my door and smiled at him. WKG is proof enough to me that taking a risk, is more than worth it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was Absolutely Amazing - loved following the adventures through the Football Forum and then right up through here - You said it's not over and I am thrilled to see where it will all lead. Thanks againg :)
Chris

Anonymous said...

Bravo, ladies! I have enjoyed reading and lurking on the Football Forum, and I loved reading this!! T, GREAT idea; and harem, nice job jumping in! I had so much fun reading this!!! Thanks!
~Lily

Jovifun said...

this was just amazing! it was so much fun to read! i really hope that wasn't the end for the football-forum! *sniff*
Thanks!
Sandra

Unknown said...

Awesome story!!! I loved it, you are all very talented writes.