Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chapter Nine - Along for the Ride


OMG, I can't believe it. We just met Gretchen Wilson out in the hall and she invited us for drinks later. How cool is that? I gotta keep telling myself, "breathe girl, breathe."

Now, we're waiting for the guys to shower. I'm so nervous I don't know whether I want to laugh or throw up. I'm leaning toward throwing up.

God, I can’t believe I am where I am and I am with who I am with. This is just too surreal. I looked at Tico’s drumstick in my right hand and started tapping it against the palm of my left hand. Goddess and Duchess laughed and asked me, “gonna try for his other stick?” I had to laugh, these girls were the absolute best. I was just about to say something, when the guys walked in and then, I couldn't say a word. All I could do was stand there and hope I didn't look like a complete moron. Thank God Luce and Hath nudged me back to into consciousness. I owe them huge for that.

Richie made a bee-line for Lucy, no surprise there and Jon headed straight for Sam. Again, no surprise, but that’s okay, I really am happy for them. After Richie kissed Lucy she called out to Goddess to come and get hers. Well, when I saw what she got, I wasn’t about to be left out. That was how I ended up here now wasn’t it? I watched as GSA stood speechless, “my turn, my turn” I called out and he called me over for my own Zan kiss. Damn can that man kiss. Holy Hell. Once GSA and I were able to talk we looked over at Lucy, “lucky beyotch!” We all succumbed to a fit of giggles.

After we composed ourselves I noticed Tico at the bar and headed his way. “Hey Tico, would ya mind autographing this for me?” His eyes raked over me approvingly and nodded, “con mucho gusto bonita.” Remembering my high school spanish I knew he'd just said "with pleasure" and he called me beautiful. That deep gravelly voice of his went straight to the heart of me and I felt myself turn several shades of red at that. "Gracias" I managed to say without sounding like a complete dolt. He smiled, "ah, habla espanol?" I laughed, "comprende un poco, habla... even less." That gave him a good laugh and we continued to chat in english. As we stood and talked not only did he sign his drumstick for me, he went and got a second one so I would have a complete set. And, being the nice guy that he is, he made me a drink when he finished with the drumsticks. While I sipped my drink, Richie and Lucy made their way over to us and Jon and Sam were talking with Goddess.

Before I lost my nerve I called out to Jon, “hey Kidd!” He looked up and smiled at me “what Queenie?” God, he said my name, that man, sorry Sam, but he just makes me all tingly inside. I looked at Sam and then back at him, “you were right.” He looked confused, “right about what?” “Sam really does think you are the sweetest thang” I drawled out the last word in my best southern accent. Jon smiled and stuck his tongue out at me, “I told ya so.” As I laughed I heard someone call out “Hey Hathor.”

Turning I saw Hathor approach the center of the room and stand right in front of David. I looked over to Tico, Richie and Lucy, “oh this is gonna be good. The two smart-asses are squaring off.” We moved closer, not wanting to miss a thing. Now, being somewhat of a smart ass myself, but by no means in the same league as GSA or David, I positioned myself off to the side, cleared my throat and gave my best ever sports announcer imitation. “And now, entering the ring, all the way from Bahstin,” (I stuck a little Claven in there for Goddess) “the one, the only, the Goddess, Trrrrriple-G!” You would’ve thought I was announcing a prize fight or something. That got them all laughing. It was priceless.

The barbs went back and forth with the end result being David with his shirt off, Goddess flirtatiously removing her black leather boot and photos of tattoos being taken. I snagged Goddess’s camera and snapped a few pics for her. The last one was the absolute best though; Dave caught her totally off guard and kissed her. For GSA’s sake, I hope they come out all right.

God, looking around at the people I was with, I knew this was one night I would never forget, not in a million lifetimes.

As I was looking around I could tell that Richie and Lucy were itchin’ to have their own private after party, as were Sam and Jon. God they were too cute together, but we can’t tell Jon that, he hates it when we say that word in connection with him and Sam. From the looks of things with Dave and Hathor, they were getting ready for a little after party partying themselves. You could almost see the sparks flying between the two of them. I was starting to feel like the proverbial third wheel if you know what I mean.

Goddess got her boot back on and we noticed Lucy and Richie trying to sneak out. Goddess, ever the smart ass had to call out “Deets girlfriend, we want deets! I couldn’t agree more.

No comments: