Monday, October 8, 2007

Chapter Eight - Swinging on a rock star



The girls and I had been waiting for the guys to finish showering. I had only gotten a brief hug and kiss from Richie before they headed off. We were laughing and teasing Queenie if she was going to try to get Tico’s “other drumstick”, when the guys finally walked in.

Richie headed right over to me and gave me a huge hug whispering in my ear how hot I looked. Jon of course made a beeline for Sam, seeing the two of them together was infectious. Spotting Goddess, I called her over “Goddess! Come get your Goddess kiss.” and laughed. “Uh well Duchess darlin’ you’re not really my type…but I’ll take one from Zan Man!”

“Wouldn’t think of trying to get out of here without a kiss from our famous Triple G aka Goddess aka GSA” Richie laughed, then grabbed Goddess in a bear hug, dipping her slightly he planted a kiss on Goddess’s lips that left her speechless when he brought her back up and released her.

“I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you this flushed Goddess , told ya he was a great kisser” I laughed as I watched Goddess fanning herself.

Queenie came over arms extended out for a hug “My turn, my turn!” Richie gave Queenie just as great a kiss as Goddess. Once the two of them composed themselves, they looked at me and said “You lucky beyotch” Richie and I just laughed then he whispered in my ear “I’m the lucky one.”

Walking over with his arm around Sam’s shoulders, Jon says “ Sam and I are offended that she was left out…well mostly Sam is offended.”

“Well c’mere Sam darlin’ wouldn’t wanna leave out the second hottest woman in the room.”

Grabbing Sam into a bear hug, he dips her slightly and then plants a huge platonic kiss on her cheek. When Richie brought her back up, I noticed Jon has a hard time keeping his hands off her. She was immediately back in his arms, where she belonged.

“Second hottest woman in the room?” Jon asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Yep…I said it before…and I’ll say it again…mine’s hotter.” Richie said then put his arm around my waist and pulled me close into him.

“That’s a matter of opinion.” was Jon’s only response then kissed Sam on the forehead.
“Well…your opinion sucks.” Richie retorted.

“Well we’re a match made in heaven…because so do I” Sam said.

I couldn’t quite make out what Jon said next, but it sounded a lot like “and she does it well.” Well I couldn’t let that one fly.

“And what makes you think I don’t” I asked joining in the banter.

After everyone’s laughter died down. Jon made one last comment “Guess GSA isn’t the only smart ass in the room.” which caused us to once again erupt into laughter.

That’s when Queenie saw Tico walk over to the bar. She pulled the drumstick she had out of the back pocket of her jeans, “Hey Tico…any chance I could get ya to autograph this?”

“Well sure you can sweetheart. ” Tico said as he gave Queenie the once over.

The guys had been there for a while, Goddess was talking to Sam and Jon while Tico , Queenie, Richie and myself had all been talking when we heard David call out to Goddess. I couldn’t hear all that was said but at one point I saw David shaking his ass. It looked to me as if Goddess could just be taking home her very own Joker. Actually they would really make a great pair, the two of them were such smart asses they were perfect for each other.

As I continued to watch, I could feel Richie’s eyes on me, turning to look at him he had a slight smile on his face. “What’s that smile on your face for?”

“Cuz I’m happy to see you Lucia darlin’…I’ve missed you”

“Well, Richie baby…I’ve missed you too. I know I told you before, but it really did mean a lot to me that you flew to Chicago just to be with me.”

“You needed me, why wouldn’t I have flown there?”

God that smile of his made me quiver. I was loving being at the after party, but I really couldn’t wait for after the after party. We hadn’t really discussed anything, but judging by the looks he was giving me during the concert, I could tell we were on the same wave length.

It was apparent Goddess was showing her true skills. This was definitely a sight to see. I was amazed. I thought she was good at sparing with people on the boards but damn…that didn’t even match to seeing her work her magic on someone in person.

“Come on let’s go over by them, I want a ring side seat for this match” I said to Richie.

I was not disappointed! Goddess had him from the start. I mean we all knew David was a smart ass, but come on he was no match for the Goddess smart ass. This was almost as good a show as the concert. No offense Goddess darlin’ but in my opinion, there’s not to many things that can out do a Jovi concert.

She was on a roll now, even taking a shot at Tico, but we knew it was all in good fun, even though Tico tried to act hurt. That’s when Queenie did probably the best imitation of an announcer I have ever heard. I was having so much fun. It was like I had known these people for years. Although I liked to think I “knew” the guys before, having been a fan for over 20 years. Actually they weren’t much different than what I had expected, they really were just a bunch of normal guys from Jersey.

Queenie took a couple of pictures of Goddess and David showing off their tat’s and I made her promise to send me copies.

That was when I felt Richie’s grip tighten round my waist and felt him lean in and whisper in my ear. “How ‘bout we go have our own after party darlin’? ”

How could I resist that? I turned and looked up into those gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. Putting on my best seductive smile, I answered, “I thought you’d never ask Richie baby.”

“If I had my way, we would have skipped the whole party, but we‘ve showed face, had some laughs, now its time for a little vine swinging ” he said raising his eyebrows.

“Great minds think alike Richie baby.” I said then walked over to where we were originally sitting to grab my purse.

We tried to make a clean, unnoticed break for it, but as we slipped out the door I heard Goddess calling out to me “DEETS GIRLFRIEND! WE WANT DEETS!”

No comments: